What skills will I gain from my degree?
On completing an accredited psychology programme students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, both face-to-face or in writing.
- Understand, analyse and use complex data.
- Retrieve and organise information from different sources.
- Handle primary source material critically.
- Engage in effective team work.
- Solve problems and reason scientifically to consider alternative approaches and solutions.
- Make critical judgements and evaluations to gain different perspectives on a question.
- Be sensitive to contextual and interpersonal factors, including behaviour and social interaction.
- Use personal planning and project management skills to become more independent and pragmatic.
- Be computer literate
The latest graduate research from the Higher Education Careers Services Unit (2010) shows that psychology graduates are highly regarded by employers and have a good chance of finding employment.
This is because the skills they acquire are transferable across many careers.