How do I become one?

To become a Chartered Member of the Society through the sport and exercise psychology training route, you will need the following qualifications:

  1. Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
    This is achieved by completing a Society accredited degree or conversion course

  2. A Society accredited Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology


Plus one of the following doctoral level qualifications:



In order to use the title Sport and Exercise Psychologist, you will need to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

This will involve completing Stage 2 of the Society’s Qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology or an equivalent qualification that has been approved by the HCPC.

Contact the HCPC for more information on the entry requirements for their register.