Why choose psychology?
You may consider becoming a psychologist if you are interested in working with people and have a scientific mind.
Psychologists work in many areas of society such as business, health, education and sport.
They use scientific methods and knowledge about human mind and behaviour to help deal with practical problems such as:
- Helping people overcome depression, stress, trauma or phobias
- Easing the effect of parental divorce on children
- Helping to deal with addictions
- Helping alleviate educational problems (dyslexia and learning disabilities)
- Speeding up recovery from brain injury
- Helping to stop or prevent bullying at school or in the workplace
- Making sure that people are happy at work and perform well
- Helping the police, courts and prison service to perform more effectively
- Helping athletes to perform better