How do I become a one?

To become a Chartered Member of the Society through the counselling psychology training route, you will need the following qualifications:

  1. Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC). This is achieved by completing a Society accredited degree or conversion course 
  2. Society accredited Doctorate in Counselling Psychology or the Society’s Qualification in Counselling Psychology 


In order to use the title Counselling Psychologist, you will need to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

This will involve completing a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (or equivalent) that has been approved by the HCPC.

Contact the HCPC for more information on the entry requirements for their register.