How do I become one?


To become a Chartered Member of the Society through the clinical training route, you will need the following qualifications:

  1. Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) - achieved by completing a Society accredited degree or conversion course
  2. Society accredited Doctorate in Clinical Psychology


Applications for most of the Doctorate courses are made through the Clearing House for Postgraduate Training Courses in Clinical Psychology.

The University of Hull and Queens University Belfast operate their own admissions process.

Please contact the relevant institution for more information.


In order to use the title Clinical Psychologist, you will need to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

This involves completing a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (or equivalent) that has been approved by the HCPC.

Contact the HCPC for more information on their entry requirements.