Where do teaching and research psychologists work?

Lecturers and researchers work in universities, colleges and schools. 'Research scientists' may also work in research units (such as the MRC Applied Psychology Unit). However, few people are able to develop careers consisting solely of research.

Teachers mainly work in schools, colleges and higher educational institutions. Students include diverse cohorts from 14-19 year olds at secondary schools to adult learning and CPD training for professionals.